Take care of your silk
Delicate and soft, the silk requires to pay close attention while cleaning. This natural fiber called « solid » is fragile when wet. Here is few tips made in Petitjean Paris.
#1. Regular cleaning :
- First soak your silk, in warm water for three to five minutes.
- Then, delicately hand-wash your piece of silk, with cold water, using Marseille soap.
- Wrap the silk into a dry towel. Do not spin-dry.
- Leave your piece on a hanger to dry in a room with average temperature (do not place it behind a sunny window).
#2. Ironing :
- Use the « silk and wool program of your iron ».
- Iron with a press cloth preliminary moistened between the iron and the piece of silk.
- Do not use steam nor sprinkler while ironing.
- Always iron on the reverse side.
#3. Wearing silk :
- Avoid spraying scent as well as deodorant on silk.
- We advice you to wash your piece after each wear.
#4. Removing a stain :
- Try out the stain remover on a small spot of your piece before applying the stain remover, in order to prevent potential greying.
- Remove the stain by softly patting down the piece with a cloth wet with stain remover.
- Never scrub the piece of silk.
- To wash the stain remover, rinse the silk by patting down the silk with a wet clean cloth.
- For specific stain (wine, oil, blood etc.) we advise you to bring it to a professional dry-cleanner.
If you have any further concern, do not hesitate to write to us.